Peculiarities of admission and study of foreigners and stateless persons in the higher educational institutions of Ukraine
1. The Preparation of foreigners and stateless persons is carried out in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine “On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”, “About Foreign Ukrainians”, Decrees of the President of Ukraine of 25 March, 1994 № 112 “Measures of Economic Cooperation Development between Ukrainian regions and the adjoining boundary regions of the Russian Federation” and of 3 June, 1994 № 271 “Measures of Economic Cooperation Development of Ukrainian regions with the adjoining regions of the Republic of Belarus and with the administrative and territorial units of the Republic of Moldova”, by the resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of 26 February, 1993 № 136 “On education of foreign citizens in Ukraine”, of September 11, 2013 № 684 “On Certain Issues of application for foreigners and stateless persons”, by the order of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of 1 November, 2013 № 1541 “On certain issues of organization of admission and training (internship) of foreigners and stateless persons” registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine in November 25, 2013 by № 2004/24536. Foreigners, who get state scholarships according to international agreements, national programs and other international obligations of Ukraine, are admitted under the assignments of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine within the scope of public procurement.
2. Foreign Ukrainians who received student assignments from Ukrainian ethno-cultural communities, have the same rights for education as citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international agreements, approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
3. Foreigners and stateless persons permanently residing in Ukraine, persons granted a refugee status in Ukraine, persons who are in need of additional or temporary protection and persons granted the status of foreign Ukrainian and staying in Ukraine legally have the right of obtaining higher education as citizens of Ukraine. Obtaining publicly financed higher education by the specified categories of persons is made within the quotas established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Other foreigners and stateless persons may acquire higher education using the funds of private (legal) persons, if it is stipulated by international treaties of Ukraine, laws or agreements between universities on international academic mobility.
4.Foreigners who have received complete secondary education in foreign schools with the study of Ukrainian and foreign Ukrainians whose status is confirmed by the certificate of foreign Ukrainian, are admitted within the established quotas to higher educational institutions of Ukraine on the interviews on the subjects under the rules of admission, upon the recommendations of diplomatic missions of Ukraine abroad and Ukrainian national cultural societies (if any).
5. Foreigners who apply for admission to get a certain educational qualifications, are accepted onto the higher educational institutions as soon as November, 15 on the orders of enrolment which are verified in a single database.
6. Terms of the interview and admission of foreigners and stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine to study and enter the higher educational establishments under the quotas of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine or under the contracts of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies named after S.Z. Gzhytskyi with private and legal persons are determined by the decision of the Admission Committee, but not later than November 15, 2015.
7. A person recognized as a refugee or a person in need of additional protection, has an equal right for higher education with the citizens of Ukraine.
8. Foreigners are accepted to obtain a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Veterinary medicine at the expense of individuals and legal entities according to the paragraphs 6.6 and 6.8 , defined in chapter VI of the admission rules.
9. Acceptance of applications and documents from foreigners and stateless persons starting from July 10, 2015.
For more details, please contact Admission Committee :